Oracle Database Administrator (OMANI)
- Full time
- Muscat, Muscat, Oman, Muscat, Oman
- posted 5 months ago
- Posted : June 27, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 628
Career Level Mid-level
Experience 6 Years
Gender Any Gender
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We are currently seeking a dedicated and talented Omani Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) for a Banking client.
Candidate should be Omani National
- Install, configure, and upgrade Oracle database software and related components.
- Create and maintain database instances, schemas, tablespaces, and other database objects.
- Monitor and optimize database performance, including query tuning, indexing, and capacity planning.
- Implement and maintain database security, including user access controls, roles, and privileges.
- Conduct regular backups, disaster recovery planning, and database restoration procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues and errors, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Collaborate with development teams to design and implement efficient database structures and processes.
- Perform database migrations, upgrades, and patching in line with industry best practices.
- Stay up to date with Oracle database technology advancements, trends, and best practices.
- Provide technical support and guidance to application developers and other IT teams.
- Ensure compliance with database-related regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Omani national with relevant work authorization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Oracle DBA, preferably within the banking or financial industry.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database administration, including installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Experience with Oracle database performance tuning, query optimization, and capacity planning.
- Proficiency in Oracle database backup and recovery procedures, including RMAN.
- Familiarity with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Data Guard.
- Solid understanding of database security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous learning mindset and willingness to stay updated with emerging Oracle database technologies.