- Full time
- Muscat, Muscat, Oman, Muscat, Oman
- posted 5 months ago
- Posted : June 27, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 626
Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Gender Any Gender
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We are seeking a highly skilled Unix Administrator for a major Bank in Oman
- Install, configure, and maintain Unix/Linux operating systems and related software.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and ensure high availability and reliability.
- Perform system upgrades, patches, and security updates in accordance with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams to design and implement Unix-based solutions that meet business requirements.
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect Unix systems from unauthorized access and cyber threats.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance tuning activities to optimize system performance and resource utilization.
- Coordinate with vendors and support teams to resolve technical issues and implement necessary enhancements or fixes.
- Document system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps to ensure knowledge sharing and maintain an up-to-date system inventory.
- Conduct regular system audits and implement proactive monitoring and alerting mechanisms to ensure system integrity and compliance.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in Unix/Linux technologies, and provide recommendations for system improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications such as Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a Unix Administrator or in a similar role within the banking or financial industry.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, particularly in the areas of system installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in shell scripting and automation tools for system administration tasks.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or KVM.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, services, and security concepts in Unix environments.
- Familiarity with storage technologies and concepts, including SAN/NAS.
- Understanding of backup and recovery strategies in Unix environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.