- Full time
- Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, UAE, Dubai, 00000
- posted 5 months ago
- Posted : July 16, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 459
Career Level Senior
Experience 2 Years
Gender Any Gender
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
Position Title: Geoscientist
Employment Type: Full-time (1 year contract – renewable)
Salary: Depending on experience and qualifications
Job Location: UAE
About the Client:
A leading oil and gas company in UAE
- Assist with well planning, drilling operations, and reservoir monitoring activities
- Prepare data and provide inputs for static modelling processes
- Plan and conduct reservoir characterisation studies, including wireline log acquisition and core analysis programs.
- Analyse and interpret geological and geophysical data, including well logs, seismic surveys, and production data.
- Provide well site geologist duties when required
- Make well correlations, generate & update all relevant maps for reservoir characterisation, management, and for infield drilling.
- Regularly attend meetings including internal project discussions, meetings with third parties, contractors and service providers.
- Utilise GIS packages for database management, mapping and analysing data
- Presentation of geological material where necessary to Management
- Manage sample catalogue, including cuttings, core and thin sections
- Male; 60 y/o and below
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geosciences or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a geoscience role, preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Practical experience in reservoir characterization, reservoir modeling, prospect generation well planning, drilling operations, coring and logging
- A knowledge of seismic acquisition and interpretation of 2D & 3D seismic data
- Basic understanding of Reservoir Engineering information and Petrophysical evaluation
- Experienced with relevant software applications such as Petrel, Kingdom, ArcGIS, QGIS etc.
- Experience with carbonate reservoirs is preferred