Associate Urban Designer
- Full time
- Doha, Baladiyat ad Dawhah, Qatar, Doha, Qatar, 00000
- posted 3 months ago
- Posted : September 7, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 210
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
We are creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we have led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, We are ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50 th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Associate Urban Designer to join our allied practice, InSite. InSite are urban designers, planners and landscape architects who share a love for the craft of designing the built environment and consist of a diverse studio of designers from around the world.
The Associate Urban Designer will bring a passion for creativity, storytelling, artistry, and positive energy to our Doha design studio. The ideal candidate will have strong creative and problem-solving skills and an ability to take leadership within our energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
We envisage success in this role to include;
– Demonstrating a highly refined understanding of the underlying spatial arrangements that give form and character to urban areas via the interrelationship between built and open spaces.
– Demonstrating a detailed understanding of the production techniques, procedures, and standards related to urban planning and design projects.
– Providing design leadership and mentorship to staff.
– Leading, organizing and directing teams in the execution of assigned projects.
– Managing teams preparing conceptual design strategies from Visioning through Detail Design for master planning and urban development projects.
– Managing teams in their preparing of development control regulations, urban design guidelines, masterplanning reports and other related planning and urban design standards for master planning and urban development projects.
– Managing teams in their preparing of masterplanning reports and submissions that respond to existing regulatory requirements and guidelines urban development projects.
– Coordinating with other internal disciplines and manage the activities of outside sub-consultants in the execution of assigned projects.
To be successful for this role, candidates must come from a design-oriented background, have 10+ years’ experience working at the urban scale, on large scale urban projects, 5+ years’ MENA experience on masterplanning projects, and be passionate about the design and construction of cities complimented by a Bachelor and Master degrees in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design or Urban Planning.
– Design orientated with creative flair.
– Advanced Knowledge of software programs (Rhino, Grasshopper, City Engine, Dynamo) would be highly advantageous
Please submit your CV and a design portfolio which demonstrates your experience and explains your suitability for the role. Please provide an embedded download link on your CV covering a maximum of 10 projects.
Our performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its’ contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.