MEP Quantity Surveyor
- Full time
- Doha, Baladiyat ad Dawhah, Qatar, Doha,. Qatar, 00000
- posted 3 months ago
- Posted : September 7, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 227
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
We are looking for MEP Quantity Surveyor who can prepare contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials and on-going cost analysis of maintenance, site visits, assessments and projections for future work.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantity (BOQ) based on tender drawing & Specification includes all works.
- Preparation of take of quantity from construction drawing.
- Coordination of the review of draft tender documents to ensure all systems and components of the tenders are included.
- Knowledge in initial review of projects, condition of contract, contract documents, specification and design drawing.
- Preparation of tender documentation queries to consultants/clients to confirm and collect any missing data.
- Attend technical meetings with contractor and weekly progress meeting if required by construction manager.
- Ensure full coordination between all other disciplines/Trades has been carried out for all external and internal MEP services.
- Preparation of Cost Estimation for MEP Works (Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical) and Pricing, Rate Build-up of Materials, Labour, Plants and other misc.
- Invite the Quotation from Sub Contractor/Supplier, Negotiation and Comparison, ability to prepare pre contract & tender activity.
- Maintenance and update of Approved Sub Contractor/Supplier database.
- Corresponding with Consultants/Authorities regarding the specification/technical and BOQ any difference to tender requirements and raise queries for clarification.
- Coordination with planning, procurement, finance and administration cell for necessary documents required for the submission.
- Preparation of tender pre-qualification item, List of Sub Contractor/Supplier, Cash Flow Chart, Machinery.
- BSc in QS / HD in QS/ Bachelors in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 4-8 years of MEP work experience in a Construction Company.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Interior Fit Out industry
- Knowledge of working with MEP based project as a Quantity surveyor.
- Good Experience in AUTO CAD/MS Office and CCS (Candy) would be preferred but not essential.
- Ability to recognize contractual obligations of both company and its subcontractors.
- Able to review and measure the executed works.
- Good knowledge in detailed shop drawing, coordination drawings.
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive way.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Driving License is an added advantage.