Head of MEP
- Full time
- Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 12271
- posted 6 months ago
- Posted : September 6, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 434
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
To enhance and support the Construction and Design functions through managing and leading the MEP department, monitoring the scope of work for different construction and design activities, ensuring progress through monitoring project evolution and contractor performance to ensure high-end and on-time delivery.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation who is involved in some of the biggest real estate developments in the KSA Region. One of the mega-projects in Saudi Arabia, a subsidiary of the Public Investment Fund.
* Pre-development planning, tasking and procurement on a fast-track basis. RFPs/consultant briefs/pre-qual docs
* Identify, vet and engage suitable technical/design consultancies
* Be a significant contributor to establishment of PMO functionality
* Establish MEP design guideline briefs tailored to our branding, theming, marketing, values and concepts
* Manage the team (Mechanical, Electrical, FLS, Stormwater, Telecom, Smart City)
* Manage all the all the design review during different design stages to ensure the design in line with our strategy, as well as meet all the local authority regulation
* Manage the review and approval for all the authority package to ensure obtain the approval smoothly
* Work and coordinate with any client nominated; consultant/supplier/contractor
* Align with procurement strategy to deliver the project on time
* Enhance any possibility of value engineering (VE), MEP design should be very efficient less cost, less energy consumption, less manpower during the construction, should propose cost effective design solutions
* Propose best design solution to fast track the project to reduce procurement, construction time
* MEP director should influence health and safety during the MEP design in addition the construction stage
* Attend the weekly/ monthly meeting and provide MEP regular report and presentation
* Issue and manage all the risk items
Apart from the attractive remuneration, and associated benefits. an opportunity to execute the exciting vision and growth story that they have for KSA.
An ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or any related construction field with a minimum of 18 years of experience in a similar position out of which the last 3-4 years on a senior managerial position. Previous experience with a hospitality project is a must.