Senior Resident Engineer
- Full time
- Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 22233
- posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : September 5, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 108
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
Senior Resident Engineer
– Supervises the Resident Construction Engineers (Arch, Civil, Elec, Mech) and administrative support staff.
– Monitors and ensures Contractor meets and fulfills project and business goals such as KPIs, safety, quality, time, budget or any other requirement to ensure goals are met.
– Initiates and chairs regular meetings and workshops required to deliver the works to the agreed quality standards, safely within agreed budgets and timeframes
– Team player, develops working relationship with subordinates and contractors
– Provides project management guidance in interpretation of specifications, procedures, methods, schedule, and productivity. Reviews clashes and or conflicts to resolve problems with contractor performance to determine best options.
– Reviews shop drawings / as-built drawings, material submittals and technical or contractual clarifications submitted by contractor, and coordinates and routes for various Departmental or End User approvals.
– Proactively detect potential problems in contractor performance to agreed schedules or specifications.
– Problem solve with contractor, other departments and stakeholders to determine whether actions proposed are appropriate and meet the project goals for resolution.
Any other duties that are deemed to be necessary to successfully fulfill the role and requirements of the client organization.
– Client satisfaction – No adverse comments from the client side.
– Deliver the scope of services identified under the RFP.
Good relationship with the stakeholders
– The Client – Public Works Authority.
– The project team.
– A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering / Construction related discipline obtained from a Western University.
– A minimum of 15 years of construction experience, of which at least 8 years must be with Project Management or Construction Management responsibility on a variety of significant Construction / Infrastructure Projects – roads bridges, utilities, residential, commercial, educational, health facilities, industrial etc, fully conversant with all forms of construction methods, techniques, codes and practices.
– Professional Membership or Project Management certification is desirable.
– Working experience and general knowledge of multi-craft and multi-discipline construction practices – and in a multi-cultural environment
– 5 years’ international industry exposure desirable.
– Fluent in English – oral and written, is mandatory – Arabic desirable.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, We are proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil &Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction &; Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing §ors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.