Offshore Engineering/Construction Specialist
- Full time
- Kampala, Central Region, Uganda, Kampala, Uganda, 10102
- posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : September 5, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 138
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
Our client is currently seeking an Offshore Construction Specialist with a strong background in offshore structure engineering and experience in small offshore platform/jetty construction. Additional expertise in offshore pipeline design and construction will be advantageous for this project.
Reporting directly to the Construction & Commissioning Manager, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive engineering and construction support throughout the design and execution phases of the project.
- Oversee and ensure successful completion of all offshore construction activities, including finalizing detailed engineering, fabrication, and construction strategies for a small offshore water abstraction platform and a large diameter HDPE subsea pipeline.
- Support the planning of on-site construction activities, including pre-fabrication, reviewing the design and certification of temporary construction barges, pre-fabrication of offshore platform deck and jacket structures, transportation of the platform offshore, piling, and erection in Lake Albert.
- Coordinate equipment and piping components’ installation on the platform, ensuring mechanical completion.
- Supervise the offshore HDPE pipeline construction from the water abstraction platform to the well site near the shoreline, including hydro-tests and final acceptance checks.
- Provide input and recommendations to improve the engineering and constructability of the project, collaborating with Sinopec Engineering Department to prepare necessary technical documents, specifications, method statements, and procedures.
- Attend regular interface and coordination meetings with the client and other stakeholders.
- Take ownership of the construction execution plan, interface with the client’s engineering team, and direct and coordinate construction activities through Construction Engineers & Supervisors.
- Review structural design and equipment layouts for the offshore water abstraction platform, as well as engineering design for the HDPE subsea pipeline.
- Create Construction Execution Plan, Construction Methodologies, and related documents.
- Act as the key interface with the client, chairing weekly progress meetings, constructability reviews, and workshops.
- Provide inputs into the schedule and estimates, coordinate and supervise construction personnel on-site.
- Liaise with equipment package suppliers and address technical issues proactively.
- Review environmental impact during construction and address any relevant issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Project Management or equivalent field experiences.
- Significant experience in offshore platform/subsea pipeline, structure design, and construction.
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership in construction and project management.
- Fluency in English and excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Exposure to multi-cultural environments and ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, including ten years in a leadership role.
- Strong experience in detailed engineering design of offshore platforms and subsea pipelines, process risk management, and construction & commissioning methods.