Senior Project Manager – Main Contractor
- Full time
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia, Canberra, Australia, 2601
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted : July 24, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 172
Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Senior Project Manager plays an integral role in providing expert advice on all stages of the project lifecycle, from bid through to delivery and successful handover.
- First principal involvement in opportunity identification, estimating and tender submission.
- Establish strong client relationships, promoting ongoing partnering arrangements.
- Intimate understanding of the project schedule, budget and resourcing requirements.
- Effective oversight of budget vs forecast vs actual, providing analysis where required.
- Intimate understanding of the contract, ensuring variations are identified and billed where required.
- Effective project delivery, including programme development, staging and construction methodology.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Proactively mentor the project team, identifying upskilling requirements where necessary
- Subcontractor selection and management
- Work with the SPE to inspect works to ensure that they are constructed in accordance with the engineering designs, contract specifications and regulatory requirements.
Summary of Contracts:
Projects are typically in regional areas of Western Australia
- Civil construction for Main Roads WA
- Mine site services for many tier 1 and 2 mining clients, including;
– LV access roads
– Main Roads/Highways
– Detailed earthworks including, excavation, trenching, trimming and compaction.
– Bulk Earthworks
– Stormwater management including installation of RC / CSP pipes and culverts
– Tailings Dams and turkeys nests
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 Years’ experience working on civil infrastructure projects
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Full end to end responsibility for project delivery ranging in value from 1m GBP – 15m GBP (equivalent)
- Proficient in the use of MS Project or Primavera.