Deputy Deployed Functional Manager
- Full time
- Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 12271
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted : July 24, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 178
Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
- Provide support and stand in for DFM in engineering staffing efforts in terms of defining and communicating personnel requisitions from the project team and coordinating activities with off-project Chief Engineers and Engineering Managers responsible for candidates’ selection.
- Perform project indoctrination and training delivery responsibilities for engineering personnel.
- Provide support for developing and implementing measures to assess the quality of Bechtel engineering services on the project and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Provide support for evaluating project engineering processes and procedures and provide recommendations to fill gaps or enhance performance.
- Engage subject matter experts when required and implement performance monitoring measures.
- Engage in project oversight activities by performing reviews of processes, procedures, practices, performance, personnel, interfaces, and deliverables.
- Provide in-person touchpoints for project personnel to supplement the career development, performance, and assignment planning activities performed by off-project engineering functional managers (e.g., Chief Engineers and Region EM’s).
- Engage in various initiatives to recruit, train, and develop local talent such as thru Saudi university student’s outreach programs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A recognized degree in architecture or an engineering discipline, from an accredited college or university with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive progressive work experience on a large complex project, including supervision (in a project team environment).
- Prior experience as a Functional Manager (e.g., Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer) will be preferred.
- Infrastructure experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standard tools, techniques, work processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively organize and staff a project team in a matrix organization.
- Broad knowledge of personnel administration practices and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Willingness to relocate to the job site in Saudi Arabia.
- Proactive, supportive, questioning, challenging and result driven.
- Hard working and motivated with high self-initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities and work with ambiguity.
- Help others and receive help from others in achieving goals.
- Willingness to mentor others.
- Acknowledge and value contribution from other team members.
- Promote the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.