Senior Planning Engineer
- Full time
- Doha, Baladiyat ad Dawhah, Qatar, Doha, Qatar, 00000
- posted 7 months ago
- Posted : July 24, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 514
Career Level Senior
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
- Takes a lead in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations as requested and checks and confirms that the correct scope of work is reflected on assigned schedules.
- Providing detailed review, analysis and monitoring of the procurement and construction programs of the Contractor, Subcontractors and Utilities.
- Working closely on a day to day basis with the planners of the contractor to monitor and/or amend the Contractor’s baseline program of Work; Reviews and assesses the work sequences with the total project plan.
- Conducting independent site visits to evaluate the contractor’s site progress against his program and reporting to the Resident Engineer accordingly.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Reviews and approves invoice verification for payment based on cost-loaded schedules, as required.
- Reviews schedule data, identifies and acquires information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines, specialties and/or projects.
- Maintaining records of monitoring of the program to enable input and support to the Resident Engineer and Senior Quantity Surveyor to evaluate any related Contractor claims and variations as considered necessary.
- Develops specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions for new work items assigned.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties and identifies significant activities supporting inter- discipline requirements and identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Identifies, analyzes and monitors schedule deviations for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/work-around solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule and prepares and presents the Critical Items Action Report.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Over 20 years of post-graduation experience
- At least 10 years experience in Roads and Infrastructure Projects within a Consultant Engineering Firm
- Experience in planning, monitoring and controlling complex programme with multiple projects of full infrastructure.
- MMUP – Required
- GCC experience – Required