Joint Ventures Manager
- Full time
- Doha, Baladiyat ad Dawhah, Qatar, Doha, Qatar, 00000
- posted 5 months ago
- Posted : July 16, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 470
Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Employment: Full Time
Position: Joint Ventures Manager
Section: Commercial & Business Development
Location : Doha, Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead the Joint Ventures department for effective management and operation of all of the organization’s LNG joint ventures and to ensure the protection of the organization’s and shareholder’s interests. Along with this, focus also on objectives such as cost effectiveness of operations, implementation of best practices and compliance with shareholders agreement.
- Participate in translating the divisional strategy into annual operational business plans, and ensure their implementation, as well as follow up their progress, and take corrective actions as needed.
Joint Venture Management:
- Ensure consistency between all the joint ventures in terms of ship performance, projects, initiatives, operating costs, refit specifications and crew competencies.
- Supervise a team to work with the joint venture ship managers on operational and technical issues that are experienced on board the ships until the incident is successfully closed.
- Set the targets to be achieved for the department related to the joint ventures to ensure that short and medium term business targets are met along with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in preparation of the joint venture board meeting materials and ensure that the same is disseminated prior to the meeting. Ensure that all members are aware of any pending issues and the same is discussed in the meeting.
- Conduct frequent discussions and meetings with joint venture partners to address important issues.
- Provide support in negotiating new agreements and generating commercial breakthrough solutions.
- Develop, prepare and conduct with minimum supervision, complex analysis and reporting on the finance and administrative activities of the company and its joint venture partners.
- Administer shareholder agreements and other corporate agreements as they relate to the various joint venture partners of the organization.
Third Party Interactions:
- Manage interactions with charterers on behalf of third party vessel managers. These interactions are related to discussions on operational issues, legal disputes, underperformance etc.
- Manage department staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- Contribute to managing change in own team by providing inputs for and taking part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that are aligned with the best practice.
Key Result Areas
- Conduct accurate and effective J V performance analysis and reporting.
- Develop the Joint Venture department policies and systems and set per romance targets
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
- Degree in International Trade or Business is essential
- Masters’ degree in Business or International Trade would be advantageous
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years’ experience in maritime organization, the last 5 years of which must be in a leadership role, such as that of a Manager or Head of an energy related business unit
- Prior experience in the LNG sector is required
- Prior experience of dealing with multiple international JV operations and exposure is essential; however, specific experience of the Middle East is not required
Job Specific Skills:
- Maritime background in an energy related sector would be preferred
- Previous experience of developing business in the energy sector on an international scale is required
- Able to read and evaluate company accounts
- Knowledge of financial procedures associated with the oil & gas industry in particular joint venture accounting
- Good understanding of oil & gas service contracts and procedures
- Strong experience in managing third party negotiations
- Expertise in tender procedures and practices
- Strong understanding of the legal/contractual and commercial aspects of joint ventures