Project Controls Engineer
- Full time
- Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 12271
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted : July 24, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 180
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Gender Any Gender
Industry Civil Engineering
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Employment: Full Time
The following duties are performed with respect to Scheduling:
- Performs collection, verification, and integration of work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Works with the performing consultants and contractors to coordinate work sequences within total project plan.
- Reviews schedule data and identifies/acquires information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned projects within the program.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned projects/activities and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on schedule for the contract status report update.
- Obtains required schedule information from various project sources. Identifies schedule restraints and effect on total project schedule. Works with all parties to ensure understanding of total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities.
The following duties are performed with respect to Cost Engineering:
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for Bechtel services contract.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual Capital Projects work plan and budget.
- Extracts and develops monthly reports from the project finance and accounting system to track costs/budgets.
- Reviews consultant invoices and construction contractor progress payment request for contract compliance including; arithmetic and unit rate checks, tracking invoices from receipt to payment.
- Coding and inputting all Capital Project invoices (consultant and contractors) into the project cost accounting system.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow projections for consultants/contractors for review with client Directors of Project Delivery and Accounting Manager.
- Updates consultant and construction cost information in the bi-weekly Project Status Reports for review with project management team.
- Review consultant Monthly Progress Report for contract compliance and tracking of required submissions.
- Update project funding authorizations status with RCTC Planning section and review status with Project Managers and Coordinators.
- Conduct spot audits on cost analysis for change orders in support of construction projects as required.
- Assists in development and implements requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports.
- Performs cost performance monitoring and control functions.
- Assists in preparing cost data for proposals or contract negotiations.
This position will report to the Project Controls Manager. Position will have no direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance preferred)
- A minimum of 8 years engineering or construction industry related project experience.
- High proficiency level of oral & written communication.
- High level of knowledge on budgeting and scheduling.
- High proficiency level of Primavera and other OTC scheduling software and systems.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and an understanding of Controller instructions
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.